- Sungard Availability Services revealed that its newly constructed data center for NYU Langone Health is now completed.
- The 1 MW data center features approximately 5,000 square feet of high-density raised floor.
- NYU Langone lately added a 10-year extension to its decade-long colocation relationship with Sungard AS.
Construction of 1 MW data center
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) revealed that it has completed a high-density and cloud-connected data center for NYU Langone Health (NYU Langone).
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is a recognized leader in presenting consumers with highly available hybrid solutions and cloud-connected infrastructure in Europe and North America. The capacity of a data center in question is about 1 MW. NYU Langone is the nation’s leading academic health system committed to research, patient care, and education.
NYU Langone lately included a 10-year extension to its decade-long colocation relationship with Sungard AS. Based on NYU Langone’s requirements, the data center was designed, offering the health system a safe area for continuous technology developments and refreshes.
The new data center controls present utility services and capacity and offers full economization of mechanical and cooling. The features include:
- Megaport allows connecting hundreds of Software as a Service (SaaS) providers and Public Clouds
- About 5,000 square feet of high-density raised floor
- About 10 225 kVa Foundation Power Controllers
- Capacity – 1 MW (megawatt)
- Cabinet density design of 10 kW to 12 kW
- Conditioned power with 2N redundancy
- Complete economization at 45 degrees Fahrenheit
- Vertiv DSE high-efficiency data center cooling solution
Nader Mherabi, Chief Digital and Information Officer, Senior Vice President, Vice Dean at NYU Langone Health, commented: “NYU Langone is excited to continue its partnership with Sungard AS, which has played a vital role in supporting our health system’s IT initiatives.”
He further added, “Over the past ten years, the support that Sungard AS has provided in creating our state-of-the-art data center, which houses our essential storage and computing systems, has been invaluable. It is this type of partnership that gives us the ability to innovate and consistently deliver exceptional care for our patients.”
Michael Boccardi, Chief Commercial Officer at Sungard Availability Services, commented: “This new, more efficient data center model will allow us to help NYU Langone manage its space, power and spend more effectively and provide it with a better overall Sungard AS experience. In addition, with our recent enhancements to our network infrastructure, NYU Langone will have sub-second access to public clouds and hundreds of SaaS providers through our Megaport connectivity option.”
He further added, “As a trusted partner, we’re always looking for better ways to deliver the increased availability, resilience, and redundancy that our customers have come to expect.”