The rapid growth of global ecommerce is changing how the supply chain operates. The volume of products being purchased and shipped cross-border is staggering. It’s an opportunistic time to expand into new markets and reach more buyers. However, selling into more countries can also pose challenges due to complex trade rules and regulations.
A new Reuters report lays the foundation for creating a successful global ecommerce operation and provides expert insights into navigating cross-border trade at scale.
Discover why it’s key to:
- Be up front with customers on delivery and costs, including duty and tax
- Build good relationships with fulfillment and supply chain partners
- Be well-versed on item classification, tariffs, and de minimis levels
- Prepare products to clear customs without complications or holdup
- Navigate obstacles such as trade wars, Brexit, and upstream sourcing trends
- Leverage technology to simplify and streamline cross-border compliance